Thursday, May 10, 2007

Generic Life-Happenings Update

Well for those of you interested in what happens to me, here it is:

I've found an apartment for the summer. It's in an alright neighborhood, with two foreign students. They're a good deal older than me I think, but I don't feel that it should be an issue. I'm responsible. This place came after just missing what had seemed to be a perfect place for me. I guess I hadn't seemed sure enough, and someone who saw the place hours after me put down a check on the spot and I lost it. I had been planning to send a check the next day, but hadn't called because I didn't want to seem too eager. I guess that seeming eager is a good thing when you find a place you like.

Classes are done now. I made a 90 on my 314 final, which is shocking to me. I ended up with an A- in the class, which makes very little sense to me, because I had been expected maybe a C or C+ if I was lucky. But I guess the combination of a strong final and curving the grades a bit gave me enough of a boost to get into the A-.

:Update:

I wanted to add that I've also become quite good at blowing smoke rings. It's an interesting time to develop this talent, since I also happen to be thinking more and more about quitting.

Anyways, that particular thought was the reason I had thought about writing in the first place; I figured it was worthwhile enough to come back and post it, since I'd forgotten to in the original post.

No comments: